If you have Admin rights, you can create surveys for experience points to which you have access yourself.
We recommend using the same survey question for a longer time period (for at least a month), instead of changing the survey question very often. This ensures continuity in results, which enables you to track patterns and trends.
Before creating a new survey:
- Make sure that your experience point structure has been set up correctly because it affects who will be able to see the results and how you can create surveys. For more information, read Planning your experience point structure.
- Check that you have all the correct information for a question before creating it. Editing a question after the survey has started can affect the results and is not recommended.
- Go to Admin > Surveys and select Add new. If you’re using a new question, select Start a new survey.
If you want to use a question that was previously used, we recommend that you instead edit the time period of the existing survey or add a new experience point to it.
Note! If you are creating a new survey for Smiley Touch, Smiley Digital, or Smiley Link, make sure that the survey time periods don’t overlap, or the Smiley Touch screen will display the old question. For more information, read End survey and Multisurvey.
- Select if you’re measuring customer satisfaction or employee satisfaction.
- Select the main language and any additional languages if you want to give people the option to choose what language to use when giving feedback. The main language will be used as the default one on Smiley Touch, Smiley Digital, and Smiley Link, while the additional ones are available in a drop-down menu. The language options will also be visible in the Reporting service, so if a user has their language set for a language that has been added to the survey, they will see the question in their own language. Otherwise the question will be shown in Reporting service in the main language.
- Write the question you want to use. For tips on how to choose a question, read Selecting the perfect question and Commonly used questions.
- [For Smiley Touch, Smiley Digital, and Smiley Link only] Choose if you want to show follow-up options after the smileys. There are two ways show the follow-up options:
- After all feedback: The follow-up options will always be shown, no matter the response. You can either have single set of options shown after all feedback, or a different set of follow-up options depending on whether a red or green smiley was pressed.
- Only after negative feedback: The follow-up options are only shown after a red smiley is pressed.
- [For Smiley Touch, Smiley Digital and Smiley Link only] Select the header for the follow-up options. You can either use the default ones (“What was good?” / ”What could be improved?”) or write a custom one. For tips on how to use the follow-up options, read Follow-up options – Discover the Why in the Service Handbook.
- [For Smiley Touch, Smiley Digital, and Smiley Link only] Enter the follow-ups you want to use. You can either use the preset follow-up options (log in with your HappoOrNot Reporting credentials), which come with ready-made translations for all Smiley Touch languages, or write your own. For tips on selecting follow-up options, read Commonly Used Follow-up Options.
- Select Next.
- Enter the time period when the survey is active. Tip! You can also create surveys in advance! For example, if you want to have a different question for summer and winter, you can create them both at the same time. Just make sure that the same Smiley product only has one active question at a time.
- Add the experience points that you want to use to collect feedback for this survey.
- Select Save new survey.
Note! It may take up to 10 minutes for the new question to be updated on the Smileys.
Tip! If you want to use different questions or follow-up options at different times, for example, if you have different kinds of activities on weekends and weekdays or different menus for lunch and dinner time, you can create multiple surveys with different opening times for the same Smiley Touch. For more information, read How to set up multiple surveys for the same day (log in with your HappoOrNot Reporting credentials).